Prospective authors should submit a manuscript of 4 to 6 pages in length, including figures, tables and references.
The manuscript should summarize the scope of the paper and the primary results and findings, emphasizing new
theories and/or applications so that the program committee will be able to understand the originality
and the value of the work.
The recommended structure of the manuscript is as follows:
- Introduction: this should explain why the topic is important, its value to science, and include a background of the
work, and a literature review.
- Proposed approach: this part describes the techniques or methodology used to address the topic.
- Results: this part contains the innovative results and a brief comparison with the literature. Although projected
future results may be discussed, this section must deal primarily with achieved findings, not projections. Novelty
should be stressed.
- References: the key references should be given, mainly including relevant papers available in the literature
(not just the list of previous publications of the authors).
Figures and tables may be included where appropriate.
Back to top
Paper Templates can be found at IEEE conference publication website
Download MS-Word A4 Template (MSW_A4_format.doc - 53kb)
Download MS-Word US Letter Template (MSW_USltr_format.doc - 57kb)
Back to top
Manuscript Submission Deadline:
September 13, 2008 September 30, 2008
Author Registration in EDAS
Each lead author must visit the EDAS web site and establish an account with a username and password.
The lead author then logs in to the EDAS system to actually submit the manuscript, and later, the paper
via the following steps:
- Visit www.edas.info and click the New User button.
- Create your profile. Only the five fields with the red asterisk are required. These fields are first & last name,
affiliation (company or organization), country, e-mail address, and status. When the fields are filled in, check
the Privacy Policies box and click the Add Person button.
[note: if you select USA as the country, you will get a message asking for your state]
- You will receive an e-mail containing your password. Your email address and the given password must later
be used to access the system during the following steps, so be careful to remember it.
- You can then return to the EDAS log-in page (http://www.edas.info) and change your assigned password to
one that is easier to remember. To do this, click on the My Profile tab, and then click on Change your password.
Be sure to record your user name, password and ID number for later reference.
Back to top
Submission of Manuscript for Review
This is a two step process- first you register the paper by providing the title, keywords and an abstract.
Afterwards, you will be able to add authors and submit the manuscript (file).
Please login at http://www.edas.info and follow the following steps:
- Click the Submit Paper tab.
- Find ICARA 2009 among the list of active conferences and click the submit button in the right-most column to
access the form.
- On the next screen titled "Register a Paper for 4th International Conference on Autonomous Robots and Agents:”
choose the Track in which you want the paper to be included and click on the corresponding submit button in the
- Type in the title of paper, keywords and paper abstract.
- Click the Submit button.
- The next page you see will have a large green check mark and a statement that the paper was registered.
The last row says Manuscript, and has an icon of a yellow folder next to it. Click on this icon, and then you
can upload your manuscript on the next page. You can also upload the paper by clicking the My Papers tab
at the top of the screen, and then select the upload icon on the same row as the name of your paper.
The upload icon (third column from the right) will open a dialog box that will enable you to select and upload
the manuscript file via the web or via FTP.
Back to top
Final Paper Submission
- The final version of your paper must be uploaded in EDAS (http://www.edas.info/) by 21st November 2009.
- The copyright form must also be uploaded in EDAS by 21st November 2008.
- To catch the early-bird rates, your registration must be received by 28th November 2008.
- The final version of your paper, in the required format, must not exceed 6 pages.
- Papers not conforming to the formatting guidelines or if not IEEE Xplore-compatible will not be published.
- Regardless of its initial format, the file containing the final version of the paper must be transformed into the PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress web tool.
- The PDF files generated by means of other tools are not acceptable.
- Before going to the IEEE PDF eXpress please proofread and check layout of your paper. Then:
- create your IEEE PDF eXpress account by going to , and using Conference ID: icara09x
- upload the source file (containing your paper) for conversion;
- use the IEEE PDF eXpress to obtain (by email) an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper
- Please note that IEEE PDF eXpress is only a web tool to help you generate IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF of your paper. It is NOT the paper submission system for the conference. Your final paper (in IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF) must be uploaded in EDAS
Back to top